Sunday, July 15, 2012

Convention Game Decided

With the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Maloyaroslavets coming on the 12th of October and the Dak-Kon game event on the 13th and 14th, the game to play decision was very simple.

Battle of Maloyaroslavets October 12, 1812
Now I must get on with the confirmation of the troops, I shall have to use blue coats for the French forces, though I am considering changing out the flags to Italian ones as it was a mostly Italian force under Eugene that did the fighting in this pivotal battle of the Russian campaign.

Further games are likely this week from either Garden Wars or FPGA as the 200th anniversary of Salamanca is this Sunday.

Wellington at Salamanca
Salamanca was one of the first tabletop battles I ever played out, Arapiles as it was known to the Spanish, was the name I played it as using Napoleon's Battles.  I shall have to see if I can find any old pictures.

No comments: