Sunday, February 05, 2012

Battle of Gorodetchna


First bulletin:

This was a first go with Fast Play Grande Armee rules and as such I may have messed up a few items on the first turn, particularly with the 'pulses' system.

As a first time using the system it also took longer than if I were to do a SHAKO game. Though there is no way to do SHAKO really at this scale of operation (yes I know that there are large battle rules ... they do not do justice to the grand tactical elements as I view them).

I shall be doing a full report tomorrow night, for now I wish to say that I like the rules as they contain many elements that are both freeing for players yet still keeping them 'restricted' in their options should the circumstances called for the restricting come about on the tabletop.

No comments: