Monday, January 08, 2007

Many Days of painting to back track:

First Thursday the 4th:

Murat was the focus of the evening, with that darn tiger skin drawing me in over and over again.



I finnally got it right and took some pics of just the horse to show the efforts.




The tiger skin was a challenge since I have never tried to get the 'layered' color effect and I ended up needing to try it twice (painting over the 'blunder' then doing all again).

I am most pleased with the final results!

2 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Wow! Murat will have a distance to go to outshine his mount.

It looks great . . . a nice showpiece.


-- Jeff

marinergrim said...

nice work there with the tigerskin. Orange can be such a difficult colour to get right and then not spoil it with too much black for the stripes. Congratulations on getting such a good result!