Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Blazing Brushes!

I managed to get all the lace on the Hussars done, all the belts and straps, as well as the collars, turnbacks and epaulettes done on all the Dragoons. With the Horses, all the shabraques and valises have also been painted in.


Only the horse furniture and some 'blazes' as well as 'touch-ups' on the remaining riders needs to be done!

104 Cavalrymen and horses are almost done in the month of November!

I am so close to the challenge I set I can see it finishing on time!

5 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Congratulations!

Just think, 104 cavalry actually comes out to 624 legs worth of figures!

Now doesn't THAT sound impressive?


-- Jeff

marinergrim said...

I keep meaning to ask - are these 15mm?

If they are then very well done an excellent achievement.

If they're 25mm (or 28mm as they seem to call it nowadays) then my hat comes off to you because that is just a spectacular level of painting.

Bluebear Jeff said...

I've played in some of his SHAKO games . . . and they are 25/28mm troops.


-- Jeff

MurdocK said...

Thanks Grimsby,

They are 25mm figs.

To see some of them in action (with a group shot at the end) check out the Arcadian Guild Murdock's Marauders page.

Most of them are either Minifigs or Foundry riders on either foundry (the cossacks) or Prince August (everybody else) horses.

Cheers

marinergrim said...

And I thought I was doing well with 36 figs (well 39 & a gun if you count the artillery).